- 2,5 k octopus
- 1 k Galician potatoes
- Coarse salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Spherika Chili pearls
- If you buy fresh octopus, tenderize it before cooking by freezing it (it also softens hitting it) or buy it frozen.
- Remove octopus from the freezer the day before to thaw. (Watch it! It drains plenty of liquid)
- Wash with water before cooking to remove impurities.
- Place a big pot over heat with water. When it starts boiling add the octopus: take it by the head and plunge it into the water for three times in order to keep octopus stiff avoiding the skin to be detached while cooking.
- Boil the octopus for about 35-40 minutes over medium heat, depending on size. Stab it from time to time in order to see when it gets softer.
- In the meantime, peel, wash and chop potatoes in halves. Reserve.
- When octopus is cooked, leave to stand a few minutes and place it on a platter. In the same water, cook potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Cut the octopus with kitchen scissors, legs into 1 cm thick slices and head into small pieces.
- We serve it on wooden plate over a bed of potatoes. Salt with coarse salt, sprinkle with paprika and add a dash of oil.
- Ornate with Spherika Chili Pearls.