- 4 large eggs
- 2 shallots
- 30g walnuts
- 100 g Roquefort cheese
- 10g butter + to butter the mini-cocottes
- 15cl heavy cream
- 1 jar of Spherika red smoked herring pearls
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC and place a tray with water that will cover the mini-cocottes halfway.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots. Brown in the butter for 2 minutes over a high heat.
- Add the diced Roquefort and the chopped walnuts. Lower the heat and pour in the cream, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Butter the mini-cocottes and spread the Roquefort sauce over them. Crack an egg on top.
- Place the casseroles in the hot pan to bake in a bain-marie. Cook for about 15 minutes, until the egg white is set and the yolk is still runny.
- Remove the cocottes from the oven and add a few spoonfuls of Spherika red herring pearls.
- Serve immediately.