The following components will be used to make 12 units of black hamburger bun:
- 125 g of lukewarm milk
- 188 g of lukewarm water
- 20 g cane sugar
- 8 g dry baker's yeast
- 375 g of flour of strength
- 7.5g of salt
- 7.5 g of powdered anise (this ingredient is left as optional)
- 2 eggs
- 100 g unsalted butter
- Sesame seeds
- 10 g Spherika cuttlefish ink
Steps to make the black hamburger bun
- We start by mixing the milk, water, sugar, cuttlefish ink and yeast and let them rest for about 10 minutes, until it starts to foam.
- Next, we add the flour, salt and anise powder to mix them as well.
- The next step is to add an egg to the cuttlefish ink mixture that we made in the first step and mix at low speed.
- Once the previous phase is completed, we add the butter little by little, until a shiny and soft dough is formed.
- Then, grease a large bowl and pour the dough into it. We cover it and let it rest at room temperature for 90 minutes. During this time the dough should double in size.
- It is time to cook it, so we must preheat the oven to 200ºC with heat above and below.
- As the oven heats up, the dough will already have reached the indicated size. It is time to divide it into 12 portions and form some balls with your hands. We will place them on a lined baking tray, cover them with a kitchen towel and let them rest for about 30 minutes.
- Immediately afterwards, we mix the remaining egg with a little water to brush the buns and sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- With the oven ready, all that remains is to bake the black hamburger bun for about 12 or 15 minutes and finally we will let them cool on a rack.
Making a black hamburger bun is a sensational idea to give meat or its vegetable alternatives a much more impressive appearance and an extra flavor, thanks to our cuttlefish ink, which will surprise all those who try it. It is a very common dressing to dye food and that stands out for its characteristic flavor of the sea.
It is a really simple recipe to prepare and that always manages to break the usual and whiter color schemes of the loaves. Its result will not leave you indifferent, but you will want to try it with other basic foods, such as white rice, pasta and even more elaborate ones, such as fish or shellfish.
If you have followed all these steps correctly, congratulations, you now have a delicious black burger bun! Take advantage!