- 1 Octopus from 2 to 3 kg
- 1 kg of Galician potatoes
- coarse salt to taste
- sweet paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Spherika Chili Pearls
- Soften the octopus before cooking it if you buy it fresh by freezing it (it also softens by beating it) or buy it directly frozen.
- Take the octopus out of the freezer a day before and put it in the fridge to thaw. (be careful! It releases a lot of liquid)
- Go through cold water before cooking to remove possible impurities.
- We put a casserole (the biggest we have) on the fire with water. When it starts to boil, add the octopus, grab it by the head and "scare" it, this technique consists of inserting and removing the octopus 3 times from the casserole to ensure that the octopus remains stiff and the skin does not fall off during cooking. cooking.
- Cook the octopus for about 35-40 min over medium heat depending on the size. Prick him from time to time to see how hard he is.
- While it is cooking, peel, wash and cut the potatoes in half. We booked.
- When we finish cooking the octopus we let it rest for a few minutes and then we take it out to a source. Add the potatoes to the same water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cut the octopus with kitchen scissors, the legs into 1 cm thick pieces and the head into small pieces.
- We serve it on a wooden plate with a base of potatoes. Season with coarse salt, sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with a little oil.
As a final touch we add our Spherika Chili pearls