For the chocolate cake:
- 175g white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 260g flour
- 60g pure cocoa powder
- 1 washing sachet
- 1 pinch of salt
- 33cl whipping cream (35% MG) very cold
- 1 plate of white fondant
For the filling:
- 500 ml whipping cream (35% MG) very cold
- 50g icing sugar
- 3 ml vanilla essence
- 1 55g jar of strawberry Spherika pearls
For the strawberry coulis (optional):
- 300g frozen strawberries
- 50g white sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 10cl of water
Prepare the chocolate cake:
- Beat the sugar and eggs until the mixture doubles in volume.
- In another container, sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to the mixture little by little and beat for a few seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Whip the cream for about 10 minutes at medium speed until it thickens.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mixture with a spatula.
- Pour the dough into a previously greased and floured 18 cm diameter circular mold.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the oven with a fan. Turn the cake over onto a plate as soon as you take it out of the oven so that it is flat.
Prepare the chantilly cream for the filling:
- Beat the very cold cream with electric beaters in a cold metal container, starting at the lowest speed. Go up speed little by little. Add the icing sugar and vanilla essence when the cream begins to take shape. Continue beating until you get a firm, but velvety texture. Be careful not to overdo it to avoid cutting the cream.
- Once the chantilly cream is prepared, add the strawberry Spherika pearls with a spatula.
Optional: Prepare the strawberry coulis:
Place the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and cook gently for 15 to 20 minutes. The strawberries will soften and the juice will thicken.
Blend in a blender or food processor, leaving a few lumps.
Finish the cake:
- When the chocolate cake is cool, cut it into 3 discs. Cover the first disk with half of the filling, and then place the second disk of cake on top. Cover it with the other half of the filling and place the third cake disk.
- Stretch the white fondant plate to the necessary size and cover the cake.
Make some cuts in the cake and fill them with strawberry coulis. Stick a knife into the center of the cake. Place the rest of the strawberry Spherika beads around the knife.