- 400 grams of fresh herring fillets.
- 1 large red onion, finely cut into julienne strips
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Passion fruit spheres
- Cut the Herring: Clean the herring fillets well and cut them into small cubes. Place them in a bowl.
- Marinate: Add the lemon juice to the bowl with the herring, making sure the fish is completely covered. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The acid from the lemon will "cook" the fish.
- Add Onion and Seasoning: Add the red onion, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper to the marinated herring. Mix well and rectify if necessary.
Arrange the herring ceviche on individual plates. Garnish with the passion fruit pearls on top. The pearls will add a fresh tropical touch and interesting texture to the dish, as well as add a very attractive color point.
This herring ceviche with red onion and passion fruit pearls is a perfect blend of flavors and textures, ideal to impress at any dinner party or special event. Enjoy this delicious and elegant dish!