For the salad:
- 2 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 100 grams of round green beans
- 50 grams of canned peas, fresh or frozen.
- 3 piquillo peppers or one roasted red pepper
- 100 grams of canned tuna or canned northern bonito
- 250 grams of mayonnaise sauce
- 50 grams of pitted green olives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- 4 boiled eggs
- 55g Avruga herring pearls
- Prepare the vegetables. Start by preparing the vegetables to have everything at hand and organized. Wash the beans, cut off the ends and discard. Then cut each bean into small pieces of approximately 1 centimeter. Wash and peel the carrots with a mandolin. Cut them into sticks and chop into small pieces.
- Prepare the potatoes and peas. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut each potato into slices of approximately 0.5 centimeters and then cut each slice into cubes. If you use fresh peas, remove them from their pod.
- Cut the peppers and olives. Cut the peppers into strips, removing any seeds that may be present. Laminate the olives or cut them in half.
- Cook the vegetables. Put another pot with water and salt to boil (do not use the water with which you have cooked the eggs or the unwashed pot because there could be traces of bacteria). When the water boils, cook the potatoes, beans and carrots (also add the peas if they are fresh or frozen) that you have chopped for about 5-7 minutes. It will depend on the size, the ideal is that you try until the potatoes are tender but without falling apart.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl. Drain the vegetables very well. Transfer them to a large bowl and add a good splash of oil, salt and pepper to taste. Add the peppers, olives and canned peas to the bowl (if you used this variety). Mix carefully, trying not to break the vegetables.
- Add the mayonnaise. Add the mayonnaise and mix very well, but be careful not to crush the vegetables, until everything is well integrated.
- Reserve cold. Store the salad for a few hours in the refrigerator so that it is very cold.
- Plate the salad. At the time of serving, take the salad out of the refrigerator and arrange it in the previously emptied boiled eggs. Top with chunks of tuna belly and finish with a tablespoon of Avruga herring pearls.
Enjoy your meal!