The famous and fluffy American pancakes are a dish that few people can resist. Over time, different variants of the original recipe have been developed, thus creating unique combinations. Today we will redesign a classic, preparing pancakes without milk with our final touch: pearls of passion fruit flavours.
This recipe is very quick, and ideal for when you want to have a good breakfast in a short time or when you want to give yourself a small tribute with a coffee.
Here we leave you everything you need.
- 2 eggs
- 300g of whole spelled flour
- 295 ml of water (you can also use vegetable milk or lactose-free milk)
- 30 g of sugar (you can omit this ingredient if you don't want them to be too sweet)
- A teaspoon of baking powder
- Spherika Passion Fruit Pearls
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- If you also want to give it a vanilla taste, we also recommend that you add a teaspoon of vanilla essence. This will go perfectly with the passion fruit pearls.
- First we sift the spelled flour. We add salt and sugar.
- Next, we are going to prepare the liquids. In a bowl, beat the two eggs until combined.
- Keep beating and then add the water and the vanilla essence if you want to use it.
- Once we obtain a homogeneous mixture, we gradually add the dry ingredients, without stopping beating. The dough should be somewhat thick.
- Heat the pan with a little oil and distribute it well over the entire surface.
- With a saucepan, pour the mixture of the pancakes without milk on the pan.
- Little by little the pancake is cooking on one side. When bubbles start to come out, with the help of a spatula we turn it over so that it cooks on the other.
- We would already have the pancakes ready! Now only the final touch is missing.
Ideas of toppings for pancakes without milk
Passion fruit pearls can be combined in different ways. They are delicious when mixed with yogurt or another type of dairy such as cream cheese. In this case, since it is a recipe without milk, we can opt for its vegetable variants such as coconut yogurt.
We can quickly prepare a milk-free chocolate sauce by mixing agave syrup and melted dark chocolate. Together with the passion fruit pearls you will get the perfect mix between the bitter taste of chocolate with the sweetness of passion fruit and agave.
If you are looking for a different way to enjoy your favorite dishes, try Spherika's flavor pearls, they will surprise you!