- 500g potatoes
- 300ml whole milk
- 200ml liquid cream
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks
- 3 pears
- 1 onion
- fresh chives for garnish
- 1 jar of Spherika red smoked herring pearls
- Heat the butter and, when it begins to brown, sauté the white part of the leeks cut into slices and the chopped onion. After a few minutes, add the peeled and diced potatoes, pour in the stock, season with salt and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and cook slowly until the potatoes are soft.
- Add 2 peeled and diced pears and cook for a few more minutes until soft. Turn off the heat and pour in the milk and cold cream. Stir well.
- Blend until smooth and smooth. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and bake the remaining peeled and thinly sliced pears (with a mandolin) for 1 hour in a preheated oven at 100 ºC. After this time, raise the temperature to 120 ºC and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Divide the vichyssoise among the plates, garnish with chopped chives, add a few slices of crispy pear and finish with a few spoonfuls of Spherika red herring pearls.
- Serve immediately.