- 4 leeks
300g scallop meat
2 teaspoons dehydrated veal stock
200 ml orange juice
100 ml grapefruit juice
1 teaspoon lime juice
100 g cured ham cubes
2 tablespoons oil
Salt and pepper
- 1 jar of Spherika yuzu pearls
- Peel and chop the shallots. Wash the leeks and slice them.
- In a pan with hot oil, brown the shallots and leeks. Add the diced cured ham and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, mix the orange juice, grapefruit juice, lime juice and beef stock in a saucepan. Reduce over a low heat, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a frying pan with hot oil, cook the scallops for about 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Set aside. Deglaze with the citrus coulis and cook for about 4 minutes over a medium heat. Season with pepper.
- Serve: pour a spoonful of citrus coulis on each plate, add a bed of leeks with ham and place the scallops on top.
- Finish with some Spherika yuzu pearls for an extra touch of citrus flavour.